Still not liking the formula, although we seem to have found the bottle she prefers the best. She sort of sucked on this one brand of formula, without making a face afterwards, and even went back for it, but we think she was full so she didn't want to eat more. We are going to try this same combination later tonight.
She had more oatmeal with formula (no fruit) which is a step up for her. She normally will only take cereal with fruit, so that's good. She seems to have no problem sucking on a bottle for juice either. We have two more formulas to try, and then I really think we may move to adding strawberry quik to it. That's probably soooo not ok, but something has to work.
Totals for today: she has had about 12.5 oz. of formula, only drank 5 of those oz. But, with her food she is up to 643 calories. That is not far off from the 750 they want, and she has one more meal. I think we will definitely make the 750, but not sure if the Dr. will be happy with the formula amount.
3 comments:
I drank strawberry quik with dinner. I don't think I've had it for a year or so, funny. 643, way to go! I'm so glad you found a bottle she likes too.
I'm all for the strawberry quik idea. Once she's drinking it you can gradually put less in every day until she's off of it. I don't think it will hurt at all. You guys did so well for the first day! I'm sure tomorrow will be even better.
(sorry Brayden just knocked my figure and sent the last before I was done.) Keeping hanging in there though. I really do hope you meet the formula requiremnent or that the doctor is happy about the progress. It all seems so stressful. I am glad she seems happy still though. That is a blessing.
Post a Comment