2.19.2008

our lily...

A few people in the past few weeks have told us that she looks "skinnier" and in the past couple of weeks I have really started to notice it. Her skin around her belly and arms that used to be quite chubby, looks wrinkly...like if you were to lose a lot of weight fast...your skin would kind of hang off? So we took her in today. She last went to the dr. in Dec. for her 6 month appt, and her 9 month appt was scheduled for next week, but I just didn't think I could wait. Apparently Lily now weighs 16 pounds 7 oz. At 6 months, she weighed over 18 lbs, and at her 4 month she weighed 17 pounds. She weighs less than she did at 4 months old. She also has not grown at all (in fact she shrunk? we couldn't figure that out either). Not good.

The Dr. has ordered a bunch of blood tests for some really scary things that I won't mention (because I'm freaked out enough - I don't need to freak anyone else out), but in the meantime is just having me nurse more often. We take her back next week to have her weight checked again, and we will hopefully find out this week some of the results on the tests. Please pray for her (and us!) that all will be well.

5 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

Of course I will be praying for all of you. If you need anything please call me. I'll even drive down if you need me. Love you!

Betty Grace said...

Hey Abi. You and Lily are in my prayers. Let us know how things go!

Heidi P said...

I am praying for you too! Pretty little Lily...what an angel. We are thinking about you and waiting to hear results. I will come with Steph too!! Or watch her kids so she can go! :) Love to all of your family!

Tasha said...

Oh, I hope everything is okay. I would be so worried to. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers. Keep us updated on how things go.

Annabanana said...

We will keep you in our prayers as well....I hate stuff like this. I hope it all works out OK. She sure is a cute little girl!