4.28.2008
dental update...
Went for the 2nd opinion this morning. Here's the breakdown: He still needs at least 4 root canals and 4 crowns. Possibly 1-2 additional crowns, and possibly 1 more root canal. And possibly one of the teeth (of the 4) will not be able to be saved. The dentist won't know until he gets in there. But, 2 of the 8 teeth are totally fine. No cavity, nothing. Totally fine. I'm SOOOOO glad I got a 2nd opinion. So, he will have all of it done in June - probably at the hospital where they will put him under with a general anesthesia. This dentist doesn't do that in his office, but he thinks it's best to get it all done at once. Good news is that medical insurance usually pays for the hospital/anesthesia. YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what a relief...glad you got a 2nd oppinion!
funny that 4 root canals is good news. :) glad you got the 2nd opinion.
I'm glad you got the first opinion too because then you have something to be happy about. 4 root canals instead of 8! Maybe when docs give bad news they should try that approach. I thought of some great examples but every time I started to type them they seemed highly inappropriate so I'll just end.
So...what happens when he loses his baby teeth? How does that work? I'm glad that it is less--and that he is going under. I wish more of my dentist appointments could have been like that! :)
Well, I am definatly glad you got a second opinion. But, you seriously have me freaked out and wanting to take Tanner in now. I am glad they want to do it all at once too. He will probably have a better experience that way too. Good luck!-
Post a Comment