5.03.2008

miss you...

John and Zane did the Father/Sons campout thing this weekend, but I forgot to tell John to take the camera, so no pictures. But if you had "smell-o-vision(computer)" you would know that they went camping. Love that smoky campfire smell, but not so much that I enjoy the 8 loads of laundry. Seriously, that stuff sticks to EVERYTHING.

John gave Zane a whistle to use, in case he got lost. This morning after breakfast, John was looking around and couldn't find Zane anywhere. He asked one of the older kids if he knew where he was and the kid told him "He said he heard an animal and was going to go look for it". The kid said "he walked off straight into those woods". (Now honestly, this kid may have been pulling John's leg at that point...). Anyways, John started searching and yelling for Zane, couldn't find him anywhere. He headed back to camp, just about ready to start freaking out...and looked over across the road and Zane was right there playing with some other kids over by the Bishop's tent. Zane said he didn't hear him yelling for him. It's that selective hearing thing I think. Maybe John needed the whistle.

Tonight during Zane's prayer before bed he said "and I wish that I had grandmas and grandpas and cousins to play with that live really close by". Awwww.....how cute and sad is that! He is such a sweet kid and those of you that do live close, come visit anytime!

We love and miss all of you - far away family and friends!

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Yeah, for Father and Sons campouts!! It sounds like they had a great time. I would have freaked out if one of the older kids had even said that to me. I am glad it all worked out. And yeah, for a good camp out!

Amelia Poll said...

Awww...I want to live close by to come visit!! Any decision about next weekend yet?? :)

Chardell said...

What a scary moment for John. When our boys went for the father/son campout the girls and babies got together. All the other women were telling me close calls of previous years because most of the Dads are so careless. Aren't you glad John and Rob lean more toward the paranoid side?

Heidi P said...

Oh man. We lost Will at temple square during christmas time and at sea world.... That is so scarey. Only for less than 10 minutes, but those few minutes of not knowing is so scarey!!!
Whistle is a great idea for fathers and sons- and for kids (& dads) who think they are invincable! ;)

Shmobby said...

Abi this was such a sweet post! We had family in town over the weekend and my kids totally cried when their cousins left. They kept asking when they would get to see them again! It broke my heart. I'm with Zane. I wish we could all live by each other!

And that whistle idea totally had me laughing...and seriously impressed! What a good idea. But yeah, I think I'll give it to Craig when they go. He's much more likely to need it to FIND our little guy! Glad they had fun and HAPPY LAUNDRY to you!

Amanda Cheniae said...

I wish we lived nearby :o( I miss you guys!