I just realized that I never really posted to say what has been going on with Lily and the latest. Last time I took her in about 3 weeks ago, she had gained another pound. She was up to 19 1/2 pounds. The Dr. is absolutely thrilled, and I just need to keep doing what I'm doing. The Dr. said that newborn babies gain an avg. of 20-30 oz. a day... older babies (her age) around 10-15 oz. per day ----as of the last check she was averaging around 25 oz. - incredible! I'm sure she has slowed down a bit, but she is definitely caught back up completely. She must have been just content to be starving herself! She's eating great, very active, and happy as can be. We don't have to take her back in for awhile. Probably a couple more weeks.
A side note - I must admit that this whole thing has really worried me about breastfeeding my next baby. I really know it's the best thing, and it's so easy (at least it was this time) but I don't want this kind of thing to happen again. The same thing sorta happened with Zane around the same age, only he lost his weight a little earlier, and not as drastic. He didn't really enjoy nursing - so it was easy to just stick him on the bottle. He guzzled them down like he was starving. She was so content and showed no signs that she was hungry. Yet she starved herself...so I don't know, the next kid may just get the bottle. We'll see.
(oh, this is NOT an announcement btw)
4 comments:
You did such a great job getting that baby chubby again! I can't believe she's cruising the furniture so well. Go Lily!
I'm so happy Lily is doing so well! I'm not a breastfeeder (I last about 3 weeks) so no advice there :)
What a releif that she is gaining well again! She is such a cutie!!
Good Job Abi! You will know what to do with your next one-- don't worry about it! I am glad she is healthy! :)
Post a Comment