Zane went to the dentist today for the first time. Piece of advice - do not take your young child to the dentist unless you are prepared to feel like a terrible mom. So Zane has to have ....(are you sitting down?) ....8 root canals....and 8 crowns. So sad! Every single one of his molars. There goes the tax refund this year...
8 comments:
Omigosh! Poor Zane!
You are NOT a terrible mom. Some kids just don't have good luck with teeth!
Guess I better take Kane in, I'm dreading it.
What?!?! Root Canals??? I have never heard of a 4-5 year old having root canals! Uhm....What?! That seems weird to me...needing that many root canals at that age doesn't sound like bad parenting, it sounds like just bad teeth
Oh my gosh that is so sad for the poor little guy! And what on the earth?...I've never heard of root canals in such a young kid. I totally agree with the other comment...that is obviously NOT bad parenting....THAT is bad teeth. Poor Zane.
Abi,
Get a second opinion (if you can). I took my kids into the dentist and Jack & Caden each had more than 10 cavities, or so the dentist said. I took them to another dentist and he agreed with about half of what the other dentist said.
You shouldn't feel bad, some kids just have really soft teeth. I know mine do and now two of then need braces.
Good luck Zane.
I think you need a second opinion too. Do his teeth hurt? That just seems extreme.
I agree with the second opinion. I was going to say it before but didn't because I thought this was a dentist that you have seen before, I didn't read your post close enough to notice that this was his first appointment.
Ok, that sounds like you might need another opinion. Root Canals? Seriously?? But, terrible teeth do run in our family...Poor kid. Good luck...
Ya, don't feel bad Abi, not you! Just his teeth! I wish you could come see my great (and handsome) dentist! : )
Post a Comment