Growing up, I remember always working in the yard while conference was on the radio on Saturdays. So, that's what we did! Since we had our yard landscaped in front this past winter, our plants died. I don't think they got enough water when they were first planted, and it was too cold for them to make it. So, we planted 10 new plants in the front yard. It looks great! (mostly because they are alive - who knows what it will look like in a couple weeks)
In preschool Zane got to bring home a plastic cup with some grass seeds he had planted. Around the same time, we had also planted some new grass seed in our backyard to try to fill some really bad patchy areas.
Here is what Zane's grass looked like after about a week and a half: (yes that's Nemo in the background - still kickin' it!!)
Here is what our grass looks like after about 3 weeks: (yes you can barely see it)
Very very sad.
3 comments:
I think it looks nice actually. You should see the grass they planted at George Washington Academy. It took forever to come in and it keeps dying. Yours is doing very well comparatively. Yard work and conference on the radio sounds like a nice tradition. I remember to garage sales with my mom and listening to conference on the radio. Maybe I should continue that tradition.
Your grass looks similar to our grass!
I can't believe that Nemo is still alive, that is wild!!!
Hey Abi, that sounds like a nice conference Sat. Sometimes I miss working in the yard. although if I had a yard, I'm sure it would be totally neglected. :)
Post a Comment