3.07.2008

wait for it....

Here it is, My 100 ... or 100 things you really didn't want to know about me...

1. I don't like to call people on the phone
2. My husband doesn't like to call people on the phone.
3. We fight over who has to order pizza
4. If I lose, I order the pizza online
5. I try to do everything I can online, rather than have to talk to a live person
6. I would much rather do laundry than dishes
7. I am addicted to Mountain Dew
8. My New Years Resolution is to be off the MD by the end of the year (I'm realistic and waiting until New Year's Eve counts)
9. Aspartame, Sucralose, or any sugar deviant makes me sick to my stomach, literally
10. I can't chew a piece of sugar free gum or drink diet soda
11. I want a swimming pool
12. I'm not as embarrassed as I should be to wear a swimming suit
13. My own family's germs don't bother me, but other people's…
14. Yeah, I really really have a hard time in hotel rooms
15. Favorite quote: I don't think it's (OCD) getting worse as I get older, it's just getting harder to control. HAHA
16. I don't like meat that looks like it came from an animal
17. I miss a lot of things about living in a small apartment
18. I still have acne too (thanks steph - not for the acne, but the item on my list)
19. I'm only at 19 and I think I've run out
20. I really don't think I can sing, but I do it anyways
21. I want to grow a salsa garden - tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, can you do that?
22. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up
23. I dream of tropical vacations
24. Ok, I dream of ANY vacation
25. My next house will have LOTS of windows.
26. I would die without A/C
27. Sometimes I get in my car with the kids and just take a drive
28. I live for flip flops
29. I really think that someday I will be caught up on my scrapbooking (only 3 years behind right now)
30. I'm trying to eat my vegetables
31. I have wayyyyy too much gray hair for my age
32. This is how old I will be this year
33. I have a goal to one day be able to play the following songs on the piano: Fantasie-Impromptu (Chopin - minute waltz), Prelude Op. 32 No. 2 (Rachmaninoff), Sonata Pathetique (Beethoven), and Hungarian Rhapsody (Liszt)
34. I am 3 months and 12 days older than my husband
35. He never lets me forget this
36. He is 14 inches taller than me and I didn't say this to make you think that he is intimidating to me, he's the sweetest man, but I guess he could be an intimidating lawyer
37. I make jewelry and I like to sew
38. I can taste the freezer
39. I don't really think I have a style, but people look at things and say "that looks like you"
40. I want to get my masters degree
41. I still think that maybe one day I could be a doctor (see #22)
42. I get obsessed with books and can't stop reading.
43. I want to take a photography class (the one in high school didn't count)
44. I once worked as a telephone relay operator for deaf and hard of hearing people
45. I have had my tongue pierced, twice
46. The only reason I never got a tattoo when I was a "rebel" was that I promised my Grandpa I wouldn't
47. I was born RED (GO UTES)
48. I worked at BYU
49. I have a very strong testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
50. I love the rain
51. I still love to play in the rain and splash in gutters
52. I only miss the snow until I am in it, then I realize that's crazy
53. I'm not as picky an eater as I used to be
54. I would much rather have a fruity candy than a chocolate one
55. I pick cake and cookies over ice cream any day
56. Pink frosted sugar cookies make my day
57. I cry all the time, and that does not mean there is anything wrong with me
58. I can touch my tongue to my nose
59. I like to hike, camp, fish but rarely do it
60. I miss going fishing with my Dad
61. I love Disneyland
62. Places I want to visit: Hawaii, East coast, Europe
63. I love tutus on little girls
64. My natural fingernails are really ugly
65. I think I have cute feet
66. My hair is the longest it has been in 10 years
67. I enjoy garlic
68. and anything with cheese
69. It's unfortunate that my husband is lactose intolerant
70. I'm slightly freaked out that my son is starting kindergarten this year
71. I freely admit that I am a music snob
72. I once made fun of "those wives" that don't shave their legs for weeks
73. I am one
74. This may be the year I finally get a pedicure
75. I would live in pajama pants and tshirts if it was socially acceptable
76. I think play is very important for kids, and TV is very important for mom's sanity
77. Popcorn is wonderful
78. I'm realizing just how unhealthy I sound from writing this but I don't care
79. I feel like sitting home on a Saturday is a big waste of time
80. My husband and I have bitter discussions about #79
81. Really, there is no point to cockroaches and rats and I dare you to change my opinion
82. I once played the flute, and was good at it
83. I used to be in a dance group called Razz-ma-Tazz, fringy leotard, knee high socks, super curly hair and all (that would be a good Flashback Friday picture)
84. I waited until after Prom to break up with the guy I went with, just so I could go
85. We didn't even look at the kitchen before we bought our house.
86. I will never make that mistake again
87. I'm so close I can almost taste it
88. I envy moms that can conjure up a wonderful meal with whatever is left in their fridge/cupboards
89. Yes, I said conjure, because it must be a magical power
90. I came in 2nd place in my elementary school spelling bee
91. I came in 5th place in my junior high spelling bee only because I was disqualified by a disgruntled parent that made a complaint that I spelled a word wrong when really I didn't
92. I don't harbor any bad feelings about #91 can't you tell?
93. I was absent over half of my senior year and still graduated and noone said anything.
94. I graduated in a class of over 1000 people, maybe that's the reason for #93
95. My kids have been neglected while I've been writing this
96. I've had some realizations this past year that you really can find yourself in being selfless and giving and not focusing on yourself and your needs.
97. #96 may totally irk some people off
98. In #97 I really wrote piss instead of irk, but changed it because that's not very ladylike
99. I don't have ANY grand ideas that any of this is funny or witty.
100. I know I will be embarrassed after posting this list.

11 comments:

Chardell said...

omigosh the tongue to nose thing is on my list. I'm only on 50 and it's taking me forever. 98 is my favorite! :)

Amanda Cheniae said...

Are you seriously just coming up with 100 things about yourself without any prompts? That is wild, and awesome. I love your list! I might have to try it....

abi said...

Yes, it's something that some of my friends have done on their blogs. Totally random. It was fun, but I sort of wish I took longer on it because I've thought of some more good ones. Maybe one day I will do a 2nd 100. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Cory and Sara Jane said...

I will do one one of these days, but it will take me a while. I can't think of anything interesting about myself at all. It was fun to read yours. I read Stephs too. You definitely need to post a razz-ma-tazz picture!

Annabanana said...

Wow..that is quite the list. Very entertaining!

Heidi P said...

Nice work Abi! (You know, I was the first comment on you and Chardells 100, Steph must not be a very good friend. Or I don't have any real friends and have to steal my sisters...) Your list was great! Go get a pedicure- it will make your filp flops even cuter! Love the 'salsa garden' idea. And I also agree about moms that can make a meal out of a cup of flour... I am screwed if the world ends soon, I have a bucket of flour but none of that magic conjuring.

Amelia Poll said...

I am already working on my list. I thought yours was so fun! :) We'll see how far I get.

Stephanie F. said...

Holy crap. I'm so sorry I didn't comment yet. I've read your list like 3 times now. I'm a loser! Reading this totally made me miss you, like how you can taste the freezer, now I can taste the freezer!
I haven't shaved my legs forever, now when I notice I think of you, haha!
I remember going to 1st period guitar our senior year and saying, "no, Abi's not here... again" :)
Love you!

abi said...

So funny! I was wondering when you would comment. I was sure you HAD to have read it by now, because it seems like you always comment almost immediately after I post something. What, are you always on the computer or something? Uh, I'm not. Love you too!

Cory and Sara Jane said...

I finally finished my 100! Take a look.

Greg and Jana said...

Abi,
I just learned a whole lot about you! I love the list idea. I'm going to have to see if I can list that many!
Jana