1.29.2009

macaroni what?...

Zane has a tendency to hear things differently sometimes and then insist that he heard it correctly. Especially if it comes from his teacher. (I am told that I used to do this too - what a lovely trait to pass on). He came home from school one day and told me "Mom, did you know FROSSILS are bones of a dinosaur buried in the ground?" I corrected him, and said "Yeah, they are actually called FOSSILS". Zane - "No, Mrs. B said FROSSILS!!". No arguing there!

So yesterday he told me that he wanted to decorate his valentine's box with Sego Lilies. I asked him why and he said because he wants to see what they look like. I took him over to the computer and told him we could look up some pictures of them so he could see. Then I asked him if there was anything else he wanted to see pictures of, and he said "Yeah, Macaroni Penguins!" Me - "Uh, Zane, are you sure that's what they are called? I don't think that's right." He insisted, "Uh, huh! They are called Macaroni Penguins!!" So I reluctantly typed "Macaroni Penguins" in Google Image search. Sure enough.....

7 comments:

Amanda Cheniae said...

buwahahaha, awesome!

Amelia Poll said...

Haha, that is sooo awesome! It just goes to show that you can never underestimate your children :)

Mickel said...

Zane is such a crack-up! Noelle has been all about the penguins too, thanks to kindergarten. She was drawing the other day and of course, she drew penguins. It's nice when your kindergartener can come home from school and teach mom and dad a thing or too.

susan m hinckley said...

There may be a bit of Grandpa Gary in there somewhere. You know he told his mother once that it was amazing that he was so smart since he had such dumb parents!

Jake and Chelsea said...

you should ask my mom about "disturv"....
both she and lindsay got into yelling matches with their moms that it wasn't "disturB", it was "disturV", their teachers told them so!!
turns out it's actually genetic.

Tasha said...

That is too funny! Was the picture of the Macaroni Penguin what he thought too? :)

jess and seth said...

Having kids is often a humbling experience, isn't it? Lydia's always keeping us in line, making sure we turn off any shows that are bad, etc. It's especially hard when you have such a smart little cookie like Zane is! :) At least he was right--Jacob's usually stubborn about things that make no sense. "Jacob, you need to wear a jacket." "No I don't--this shirt has short sleeves, so it will keep me warm, and a jacket will make me coooollld!"