1.13.2009

100's day...

They are celebrating 100's day in Kindergarten next week to celebrate 100 days of school. Each child is supposed to come up with a collection of 100 things to share in their 100's day museum.

Here's our conversation:
Me: What do you want to display for your 100's collection?

Zane: Paper airplanes!

Me: Ummm, I don't know, are you sure that's what you want to do?

Zane: No nevermind, how about pies!!

Me: I think we better do paper airplanes.

What do you think? (they are in groups of 10 so the kids can count to 100 by 10)

This is what I did to our kitchen table mounting the airplanes. Quite dumb of me to not check that the staples were barely poking through the other side. I've stressed about our kids wrecking our table and then I go and do this! Hundreds of pin-sized holes. Nice.

7 comments:

Mickel said...

Your airplanes are so cute and tiny..bet that took a while. I think I know what Noelle and I will be doing this afternoon...glad I looked at your blog. I'd put that project in the back of my mind and it just resurfaced. Looks like Santa was very good to you guys this year.

Amanda Cheniae said...

Hahaha Abi, nice! Those are some good looking paper airplanes though!

susan m hinckley said...

Best mom award for the paper airplanes. Dumbest mom award for the table? Have you seen my painted dining room table? The top was so incredibly beat up and engraved with spelling lists, fork stabs, and probably staples, that I had to either send it to the DI or paint a cool top. It's been about 12 years now and it still looks great!

Annabanana said...

it adds character!

Cory and Sara Jane said...

You are the coolest mom! I wouldn't have the patience to make 100 tiny airplanes. Bummer about the table though! :O)

Chardell said...

Bummer about the table. Rob was the first one to ruin ours with a hot pan. You are so good making 100 planes. When my kids did 100 day I always sent stuff like cheerios or candy. Just one more way you're better than me!

jess and seth said...

I love the project! Poor Lydia was stuck with 100 toothpicks, which was all we had 100 of.

Sorry about the table! So Seth drills me every time I drive the new car into the garage--"Make SURE you have the antenna down! Promise me you won't forget! (the antenna is too tall for our garage) and then he comes in really guilty one day and HE had done it. Luckily it didn't break . . .