1.05.2009

christmas eve...

John's parents came in the Sunday before Christmas. It was so nice to have them stay with us. They are a lot of help. John sang a solo in the Christmas program on Sunday. I played for him. He sang a great arrangement of "Coventry Carol". The music was a minor version of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring." It was difficult so I had to practice quite a bit. It went well, despite me getting my music mixed up halfway through and having a big pause while I got it straightened out. That was a little upsetting because I had practiced soooo hard - but I'm sure noone cares but me!

My parents came in on Christmas Eve and we all headed over to my grandparents home in the evening for dinner, christmas carols, and the reading of Christ's birth by my grandfather. My sister and her family came down as well. Madison sang a couple songs that she learned from school, Zane played "Christmas Bells" with Grandma Ellen, and John sang his solo from the christmas program. It was fun to spend time all together as family.




2 comments:

Annabanana said...

you're right, no one noticed or cared about the "pause" when you played on sunday. it was a very nice musical number. (but I totally understand your frustration...)

Chardell said...

Looks like it was a nice Christmas for you guys!