1.19.2009

yay for me...(sarcasm included at no expense)

I had a Dr. appointment today. The big glucose test. For some reason, I have been worried that I wouldn't pass it. I've passed it with both of my other kids, so I had no reason to think I wouldn't pass it this time. I failed. It wasn't too terribly high (152 - it needs to be under 140), but I have to go in to take the 3 hour fasting test. You fast for 12 hours, and get your blood drawn 4 times while you wait in the lab for 3 hours. Yay me. Wish me luck that I pass the 3 hour!

4 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

So...what's it mean if you don't pass again? Is it a sign of gestational diabetes or something?

Good luck!

Greg and Jana said...

Good Luck Abi. I'll be thinking of you.

Cara said...

Oh, that stinks so bad! Darn glucose tests! Find a good book and view it as a "Me Time" experience!

Chardell said...

12 hours! I assumed it was 3 because it's called 3 hour fasting test and I always thought everyone was a baby for complaining about it since it usually takes more than 3 hours to get hungry between meals anyway. Yeah I'm admitting stupidity, yet again, on a blog :) Anyway, I feel good about you passing the next one. Good luck!