1.23.2009

the 3 hour tour...

It really is all it's cracked up to be. I went in at 7 am this morning to take the 3 hour glucose test. After drawing my fasting blood sugar and making sure it wasn't high, I was given a nice lemon lime soda to drink. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean CORN SYRUP (it is 100g glucose - double the strength of the one they give you for the 1 hour test). So disgusting. It makes you feel so nice and fuzzy inside. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean want to VOMIT. Luckily I didn't or I would have to do the test again. Really, the worst comes between the 1st and 2nd hours. Yes, getting stuck twice in each arm is lovely (with the accompanying bruises), but feeling shaky and dizzy and sick for the rest of the day is the BEST! I won't find out until Monday if I passed.

3 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

Guh....That's so not fun. I hope you passed!!! Blech. Just more things for me to potentially look forward to with pregnancy, when that happens.

Jake and Chelsea said...

jake was reading this too and he said he gives these all the time at work!

he would have been gentle.

KT said...

Was just thinking of you, and wondering about your test -- so logged onto your blog, thinking you might have the results. Will check back tomorrow! KT