I was so lucky this week to be able to head down to Tucson for the annual Bead Shows. It's really quite amazing. If you ever get a chance to go - take it. We were only going to be able to spend 2 days (you could spend a week, easy!) so we had to pack in as many shows as we could. Sara and I drove to Phoenix on Thursday evening, stayed the night and headed bright and early Friday morning to Tucson. We spent the entire day from 11-6 at 3 different shows. By the time we got to the hotel, we were finally able to eat dinner about 8:30. Next morning, up and at the shows at 10:30 until 6 again. The shows we went to on Friday were INCREDIBLE. There were ENORMOUS tent pavilions set up with hundreds and hundreds of vendors of beads, gems, jewelry, and other *weird* imported type things. I can not even do it justice trying to explain how HUGE the shows are. Needless to say by 4:00 the 2nd day - my poor 30 week pregnant body could not handle anymore and I HAD to rest for awhile (dang contractions!). We are soooo beaded out, but it was a successful trip. I was going purely for the almost free trip - but managed to spend quite a load myself. We even survived the crazy google map directions and the freeway construction. Check out my stash.... (I'll post more detailed info about the actual beads I purchased on my other blog: http://scrapbeadsew.blogspot.com/ if you are interested).
3 comments:
Wow! It looks like you had a lot of fun.
Wow! Awesome beads, and really unique! Sounds like you had a great time!
Hey -- how come I didn't know about your other blog? It's beautiful! I'm jealous of your trip to the bead show, but not your 30-week-pregnant body. Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment