8.12.2009

blessed to be a forever family...

It's been a long busy couple of weeks. John's grandpa died a couple of weeks ago. He had been ill for quite awhile with numerous diseases. It is nice to think that he is well again and able to walk and see loved ones who have passed.

We made the trek back up to Logan this weekend to attend the funeral. It was nice to be around family again, and see some that we haven't seen in a long time. More were able to attend the funeral than had attended the family reunion, so it was neat. Grandpa Ellwood was a really neat man, and it was fun to hear stories about him and memories that his children have of him. Zane was especially curious about the viewing and had lots of questions to ask (of course!). I was glad that he was able to be there and I know that he will remember it. We are blessed to have known Grandpa.

When we found out that Grandpa had passed, Zane said "I have a splendid idea....We should give Grandma Fawn flowers." I said that was a great idea, and maybe we could make her some flowers. He said "Yes, sunflowers!" So, Zane made her a sunflower (with a little help from me), which she so sweetly displayed at the funeral.

School starts on Thursday - the big first grade for Zane. I'm nervous for him being there all day. I know he will do fine - I just worry about silly things like - will he actually eat his lunch, etc. We did our school shopping this week, and have back to school night tonight where he will get to meet his teacher. So exciting.

Today, after John had left for work, I jumped in the shower. Zane was working on a "project" at the kitchen table, Lily was watching a movie, and Evan was safe in his playpen. I got out to see Lily with some purple marker all over her lips. Hmm....so I expected to find purple marker on furniture or somewhere just as scary. No, instead I found large chunks of hair strewn about various places in the living room and hallway. This time she gave herself a haircut. We might have to cut it now - but I'm not sure, it might make it look worse. We'll see.



Evan rolled over yesterday from his front to back for the first time. He did it so effortlessly he has probably been able to do it for awhile - I just hardly get him his tummy time. He's close to going from back to front too. He can be propped up in a highchair pretty well too. Oh, it's so fun to see him grow up. I love that happy smiley baby!



I am so blessed to have such a great family - not only my husband and kids, but my parents and in-laws and all those that come with them. We love you so much, and appreciate everything you do for us. We pray that we will be able to serve you as much as you have helped us!

3 comments:

Annabanana said...

so sorry about John's grandpa.... expected or not, death is till difficult..
I was just thinking the other day that it had been so long since I had seen you!
Hope you can repair lily's hair. Good luck with first grade zane!!!

Amy J said...

Ah, the hair cut...we've been through that several times, actually. Sorry to hear about John's grandpa. Mason just started first grade two weeks ago...it's a big change!

Sarah Brown said...

The sunflower was a splendid idea! I'm glad things are going well and that you love your family so much. Family is amazing!!!