8.13.2009

the first first...


Yay! We have a first grader in the house! Zane was so excited...he woke up at around 7:15 and came out of his room already dressed. He said "Mom, I forgot that I can't sleep in!" (yeah, sleeping in is 7:15...sad).

Zane: (Brushes his teeth, gets his shoes on as fast as he can, and starts running for the front door.)

Me: "Whoa, buddy, the bus doesn't come for another hour, you don't have your backpack, and you didn't eat breakfast!"

20 minutes later.... (and every 5 minutes for the next 40 min)...

Zane: (opening the front door)

Me: "No, you can't go wait for the bus yet."

When it was time to go, he ran the entire way to the bus stop. So funny.

I made him a special lunch - just like his favorite lunchable. Tortillas with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperonis, applesauce, fruit rollup, and a water with a kool-aid mix. I wrote a cute little note and put it in his lunch sack. Did he see it? Nope. Aww.

The first thing he said when he got home: "You were right, that WAS all day!"

He loved his first day. He said his teacher is very nice. He was so excited that they had THREE recesses. Kindergarteners only get ONE he said. Haha!

You're such a big kid Zane, love you!

3 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

Haha - I love it!!"It WAS all day!"

Wow, I can't believe he is a first grader. I can just imagine him in one of my first grade classes...too funny.

Congratulations Zane! I'm so glad you had a good first day of First Grade!

susan m hinckley said...

Wow, Zane -- first grade already? Way to go!

And as a note to your mom, I think the transition to first grade is the hardest of all the transitions during the school years. They just get so tired! But hang in there -- by Halloween he'll be ready for second grade to start.

Tasha said...

So fun!! I love how excited he was and how he got right up and was ready to go. Yea for a 1st grader. He looked so cute all decked out for the first day :)