I really try to not be an overly freakout over everything kind of mom, even though I probably am a little bit of a hypochrondriac, I tend to keep it to myself. My kids have a fever, and I don't usually call the Dr. until around the 5 day mark, unless there is something else to make me worry. I don't know if waiting like that is a good thing or not, but I'm glad that our Dr.'s don't ever make me feel like an overly concerned hypochondriac kind of parent.
Lily had a fever last week for awhile, that seemed to go away for a few days, but then popped up again on Wednesday. She woke up last night and her right eye was droopy. It freaked me out quite a bit. It just did not look right - of course you do think the worst with stuff like that. Turns out she does have an ear infection on the other side that probably wouldn't have anything to do with the eye thing. She ended up having a CT scan just to make sure it was nothing, and they had a really hard time trying to get an IV to inject dye for the CT scan. She got poked quite a bit. The Dr. and nurses were all so sweet. One girl just sat there and blew bubbles over Lily practically the whole time were were there. Lily just sat there saying "wow" "wow" haha. They didn't end up getting the IV in, but they did the first CT without it, which the Dr. decided was probably enough since the eye seemed better this morning. I sort of wish I got a picture of her there, she was so sweet and asleep for the whole scan. It ended up that she has some sinus infection in one of her sinuses that probably just caused a little swelling. She is on antibiotics that will hopefully take care of it all. Still fevering and sleepy, but I'm sure she will be better soon!
We are so blessed to have such great neighbors and doctors, thank you thank you thank you!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you found out what is making her sick. And hopefully she will be feeling better really soon. I think a lot of moms, myself included, are overly freakout moms.
I'll be thinking of you in Boulder :)
*hugs*
Oh, the poor thing! And I am talking about YOU and Lily! :) I am glad you were able to get things sorted out.
That was scary for awhile I'm so glad everything turned out well. I can't believe she was so sweet and patient through all the poking and prodding.
Post a Comment