John and I went to Les Miserables at Tuacahn last night. For those non-St. Georgians (ites?), Tuacahn is an outdoor ampitheatre surrounded by beautiful towering red rocks. John has always been a big fan of Les Mis, but has never seen it. I had only heard it one time before I got John the CD's a few years ago. Thanks John for planning it!
They really did a great job. They had real horses bring the prisoners in during the first scene. The fight scenes had the other side shooting at them from the red rocks in the background, complete with a cannon that scared me every time it went off. There were even fireworks! I admit, I even bawled (not surprising) during "Bring Him Home" and when Eponine died. What is it about unrequited love that just gets ya? I really enjoyed Jean Valjean's upper range, much more than his lower. Javert was amazing, and John and I both commented on how much we liked the Bishop. He has a small solo towards the beginning and it was amazing. And in case anyone remembers...John Preator (known as JP) from American Idol a few years ago was Marius, and he was great too.
It was so fun to get away for awhile and do something "cultural". We didn't get home until almost 12:30.....much too late for us old fogies. But, it was worth how tired we are going to be today.
4 comments:
Thanks for the review...maybe spencer and i should go. 12:30 is WAAAAAY too late for us though...i might need a nap before i go.
Wow if you guys liked it it must be really good. I want to see it so bad!
That sounds so fun! A good date night for sure-- even for a ballet snob :)
I'm so glad you got to go, despite an almost minor setback ;)
Post a Comment