Zane just finished swimming lessons. He had a lot of fun. I was quite surprised at how comfortable he has gotten in the water. He was holding his breath under water for 5 seconds, jumping in by himself, trying to "swim" under water, trying to float on his stomach and back, and jumping off the diving board. He does need to work on his coordination though. He had a hard time trying to move his arms in a "back stroke" and definitely couldn't figure out how to do his arms and legs at the same time. Too cute. Any ideas to help with a 5 year olds coordination? Do you think Karate, Gymnastics, Soccer, Football? I would appreciate any thoughts...


On another note, I leave tomorrow bright and early for San Diego on the 2nd Annual Cannon Girls Go Wild in a so NOT wild sort of way Extravaganza! Yipppeeeee! We are so wild that we just MIGHT go ocean kayaking...oooooohhhhhh yeah!
Thank you John for watching the kids, I love you!
6 comments:
ok, i am soooooo jealous that you get to go off without kids for a weekend. hope you have fun.
I would probably say Gymnastics or Karate for Zane to work on coordination...but every kid is different. maybe it is just something that will come wit time.
Kane will barely even let go of me in the water :)
Zane is so cute. Love the flying off the diving board pics!
Hope you have a great girly weekend!
Way to go Zane-- that is so great!! I don't know too much with what sports are good, but I bet soccer would be the best. Lots of skills used there? But we loved karate, and I just signed Will up for fall football? Its all fun, I guess! :)
you know how I feel about swimming...but swimming is the best for coordination! he should keep it up. and keep being so darn cute up. Your family just keeps getting cuter...it's really quite ridiculous.
Wow. I wish MY sister's would kayak on our girls weekend.
I hope you had fun on your getaway! Nice job Zane! Sage won't even let Ashley carry her to a spot she can't touch.
Post a Comment