7.13.2008

hope part 2...

A couple of quotes for you to ponder that really helped me understand - and also gave me Hope.

"Hope is the confident expectation of and longing for the promised blessings of righteousness. " - from lds.org website - topic section.

I think that maybe that is the perfect definition. It's possible this was said in the previous R.S. lesson, but I somehow missed it. I think I have a much better understanding of the meaning as it pertains to the gospel of Jesus Christ now.

Also, something that I needed to hear right now (thanks Vicki):

From the apostle Paul, "...that we through the patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." - Romans 15:4

Oh there is so much more, but for another day.

1 comment:

Chardell said...

I love that definition of hope. Thanks again for sharing this. I can always use more hope!