8.18.2008

activity days...

Anyone have ideas for activity days? I'm one of the leaders in the ward - and we've got a few good ones, but thought I would throw this out for any suggestions. We have all the girls ages 8-11. Any good ones that your daughters have attended? Any great ones you have planned or heard about?

4 comments:

Chardell said...

There's always great movies at the visitors center. One of Ashley's favorites was getting their hair styled at one of the hair colleges. Making babysitting kits and learning rules etc about babysitting. You can look at Ashley's for ideas. Hope this helps some.

susan m hinckley said...

I've had this calling FOUR times now and had a lot of fun with it. So I'll think it over and send you some ideas asap.

susan m hinckley said...

Now that I've had 24 hrs to think about it, here are a few things that I remember we enjoyed doing. If you want details/patterns/instructions for any of them, give me a call or email me. Here goes: barbie fashion show (all time favorite -- great modesty lesson and super fun), laundry nite (learning sorting, ironing, operating appliances, sewing on a button and mending), crepe paper flower bouquets (I have super easy and fun instrux for impressive & cheap flowers), talent show, pajama disco night, gratitude journals (decorating composition books and then writing 5 things you're grateful for every day for a month -- good for November) making mini nativities in a box (these are awesome -- the girls then share the scripture story and open the boxes with their families Christmas eve), sewing jack-o-lantern beanbags (working on hand sewing skills), sewing teddy bears (more sewing skills), foreign language night (learning to say a few things and sing a primary song), hmmmm . . . I'm sure there are many more. My brain will keep stewing on it. xo

Amelia Poll said...

You could have a P.J.s Party--Prayers, Journals, and Scriptures. Have them come in their PJs (modest, of course) and I don't know...do something cool about prayers, journals and scriptures.

I wish I could take credit for this, but I really can't...they are doing it in our stake. But I thought of you when I saw it :)