12.29.2009

jingle bell jingle bell jingle bell rock...

This just might be the BEST christmas video ever. Some background about this video. On Christmas morning, the tradition in our family (carried over from my family), is that Dad goes out first to make sure Santa came, turn on the lights, get the camera, and turn on Christmas music. We then line up youngest to oldest to walk out of mom and dad's bedroom and head for the presents. In my family growing up, we usually sang Jingle Bells too. We don't have to walk far, so we just listen to the music. Every year, we receive a mix CD of christmas music from my Aunt and Uncle. The CD's are beyond awesome...every year. We just received this years on Christmas Eve, and so John put that one in to play. The first song is Jingle Bell Rock - by none other than Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. I think that this is my most favorite song on the CD. As we walked out, my kids just started this impromptu dancing. No rushing in to see what Santa brought, just this funny dancing. (Think recent Saturday Night Live sketches with the coach in the locker room - and then this video will make you DIE laughing.) Thanks for the GREAT song, and I think this will have to be a permanent tradition!!!

3 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

So glad you enjoyed it! (the first song was Russ's favorite also) That video is such a treat -- you two really came up with some cute kids. Thanks for sharing it. And I thought your ornament this year was AWESOME, btw. xo

Amelia Poll said...

Ok...seriously so cute. I think I have watched it about 3 times already. I love it!

Mickel said...

I'm so glad I got to see Christmas morning at your house. You've got some talented dancers there. Am I seeing no wrap? BRILLIANT!