2.18.2009

ouch!...

We went to the park today before school, packed a lunch, and had fun in the chilly weather alone at the empty park. I dropped Zane off at school, and went to run an errand. I got home, put Lily down for a nap, and noticed that I had missed a few calls on my home phone. I checked the Caller ID and it was the school! Of course, that makes you start freaking out. There was a nice message saying "Zane hurt himself today, we just wanted to let you know. He did a face plant off his scooter. He's ok, but he's got an abrasion above his eyebrow and one on his cheek, and he will probably get a black eye. He is sitting with an ice pack on it, but will go back to class in a minute." Ack! I called to make sure he was back in class and ok - which he was, but she did say he was quite "traumatized". Poor kid!!

The story from Zane was that he was on one of those square board scooters with four wheels - the kind that you sit on, hold the handles and scoot yourself around with your feet. Well, he wasn't sitting he was kneeling with his bum in the air, holding the handles, and running his feet behind him as fast as he could - the scooter slipped out from under him, and he face planted into the ground. Ouch!! He's a little embarassed about it (he doesn't want anyone to see his face) - but John told him all his cool injury stories from when he was a kid and I think he is feeling a little bit better. He is happy in this picture , but it looks like it's pretty painful!

6 comments:

Chardell said...

Oh no! We had schools that banned scooters because so many kids got hurt. I would have been upset that they didn't call my cell phone. I hate that feeling of missing calls from the school.

jess and seth said...

Zane, you are one tough cookie! I'm sorry you got all scraped up, but I bet it looks really tough, like a soldier.

Amelia Poll said...

Ouch! Sorry Zane!

I think I remember getting hurt from those scooters as well, but not quite so spectacularly :) Give him a hug for me!

susan m hinckley said...

He looks just like I did when I did a nose dive running with Cooper last year -- it looks a lot cooler on him. Feel better soon, kiddo!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Ouch! Poor guy!

Annabanana said...

nice battle wound zane!