2.13.2009

THE v-day box...

When I was in elementary school - I remember that we got to make our own Valentines Day box to collect valentines in from our classmates. Kids would come up with some really cool boxes (some with parent help I am sure). I remember things like robots, castles, mailboxes, etc. So I was so excited that Zane got to make a Valentine Box this year. John was quite impressed with the box. He said all he ever did as a kid was cover up and decorate a kleenex box. I must admit this v-box was my idea, but perfect for my "rockin" kid. I cut it out, and he decorated it. I think it turned out AWESOME!

9 comments:

Amanda Cheniae said...

Uhm, that is a phenomenal Valentines box! If that had been at Eastwood it would have blown everyone's out of the water!! Great Job Zane!
Ps. Didn't one of us make a fridge one year? Do you remember having to lug those things around on the bus....funny.

abi said...

I do not remember the fridge...but that is great. Poor Zane did lug his on and off the bus yesterday - I offered to pick him up from school, but he didn't want me to!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

He is going to be the cool kid in his class for sure! Awesome job!

Tasha said...

Wow, I am WAY impressed!! I bet other kids were jealous of his box!! Way to be a fun Mom.

Amelia Poll said...

I think Sara Jane made the fridge.

Way cute box though! Super impressive! I think my all-time favorite from Elementary school was the vacuum cleaner :)

susan m hinckley said...

It did turn out awesome . . . my boxes were always completely boring because I had to do them all by myself. And I lacked confidence in my artistic abilities. But I think your mom had some cool ones, if I remember correctly. Happy Valentine's, cute Collins kids!

Annabanana said...

that is the COOLEST V-day box i have ever seen! nice work.
BTW...I learned about Maccaroni penguins while watching Diego with Ethan. Funny.
I like the new look of your blog...very cute.

jess and seth said...

Okay, that would have TOTALLY won every prize in Lydia's class. Poor girl--she won the award for the "simplest" box--just tissue paper wrapped around a diaper wipes box. I'm going to send my kids to you next year.

Cory and Sara Jane said...

very cool! I am totally depressed that all my kids do is make a stupid bag or envelope in class for valentine's. next year, we will rebell & make boxes. so there! :O)