11.01.2008

trick or treat...

What a great Halloween! I got Lily's costume finished at 11:30 the night before, yay me! I was worried she wouldn't wear it, because when she tried on the hood she was pretty upset about it. She doesn't even keep a ponytail or clip in her hair and throws a fit when I try to brush it, so I was pretty nervous. By the afternoon all dressed in her costume, she wore the hood just fine! Zane was an awesome Ironman - and loved to flex his muscles for everyone.

John took off for a minute from work to head over to the elementary school for the Halloween Parade. Zane was very excited to see us there. I remember doing those when I was a kid - and so I wanted to be there for him.

We started off the afternoon festivities by going to John's office to "trick or treat". Zane loves those little plastic pumpkins for trick or treating but I always throw them away because I hate having them around. I tried to get one this year but was too late, and they were gone. So we spent some time when we got back making treat bags out of pillowcases and some orange cord I bought. Zane drew a great picture of a haunted house complete with a ghost, and a storm at the top with lightning. He wrote "ooooooooo" and "scary scary" on it as well. I was quite impressed. I need to take a picture of it.

Then we headed to the annual neighborhood hot dog/chili dinner. It's a lot of fun to see all the kids (and some grown ups) dressed in their costumes. Then it was off trick or treating around the neighborhood. I'm not a big fan of the t or t-ing here because we have no street lights, and no sidewalks - but our neighborhood is pretty calm and there aren't a lot of kids. Last year we actually didn't get a single trick or treater at our house. Of course, we are up on a hill - and I imagine kids don't want to trek up our driveway. However, I think we might have got a half a dozen last night. And - for all you "northerners" just to make you jealous - I was trick or treating in my flip flops, tshirt and capris and was QUITE comfortable. Love the fall in St. George!

I didn't get a good picture of the pumpkins here but Zane did a Squidward (from Spongebob, his favorite) pumpkin complete with a big nose and of course John did the standard Double T pumpkin for "Lily". Go Raiders! (sidenote: they are ranked 7th and play UT ranked 1st tonight at home - watch it, ABC 6:00 pm MT)

My Ironman and his haul for the night.

An adorable (and somewhat saggy and baggy) pink elephant.

7 comments:

Annabanana said...

I didn't know you made Lily's costume... very cute. You are very talented

Amelia Poll said...

Super cute!! What a fun Halloween! And I was cheering for the Raiders when they beat no. 1 Texas :)

susan m hinckley said...

So cute! And, has Zane eaten all that candy yet? How's that going? Oh yes, and I'm intrigued now -- does he actually want to be a chef? I've never heard that from a kid and I think it's really cool.

Amanda Cheniae said...

What a cute pink elephant!! That's a nice costume Zane has there too. I too was cheering for Texas Tech when that dude scored that touchdown with like a second to go, crazy!

Chardell said...

Wow! You are awesome. That costume is so cute. You're loaded with talent!

jess and seth said...

Lily's costume turned out so cute! You are a professional. What adorable kids! I wish I'd seen them. The only trick-or-treating we did was at Primary Children's. :) (they had really good prizes, though, can't complain--even peanut M&M's, of which I ate an entire bag. again.)

jess and seth said...

BTW, Seth and I were very happy for you when Texas Tech beat them! What an exciting game!