11.06.2008

evolution maybe?...

Zane and I have very interesting conversations at bedtime. After the usual, story, prayers, songs, the conversation went like this:

Zane: Did we used to be gorillas?

Me: (totally taken aback) What? Where did you hear that?

Zane: Spongebob (his answer for everything - he watches it a little too much I'm afraid).

Me: Well some people think that we started out that way. But we know that Heavenly Father made us to look like him. Do you think he looks like a gorilla?

Zane: Yeah, he started out like a gorilla, and now looks like us.

I never thought I would have a conversation about evolution with my 5 year old. No more Spongebob (ha!).

2 comments:

Amanda Cheniae said...

What a smart kid! From the mouths of babes.

Chardell said...

So funny! I can't believe what they pick up from shows. I'll have to relate Sage's spongebob story with you next time we talk.