11.10.2008

ducks, drives and parent teacher conference...

Last Friday, Zane was dying to go to the park. So on the way, we decided to stop and 'feed' the ducks at the golf course by our house. The second we pulled off the side of the road to park - the ducks SWARMED our car. It was quite hilarious. They know what happens when someone stops apparently! Zane and Lily had soooo many giggles and screams feeding the masses of ducks. I actually took a video, but all you can hear is ducks squaking and bad camera work from me trying to help Zane avoid being eaten by the ducks that were swarming him to get at the bread in his hands, with an occasional squeal by Lily. Sounds amusing, but it's really not. We will definitely have to go again soon. (and don't tell me how bad it is to feed them in the first place, I already know)



On Saturday we decided we were in the mood for a drive, and we have been wanting to head out to the Mt. Trumbull area. It's just a neat area, and if you keep going you can actually drive to Tuweep a point on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon that you can pretty much step right out to the very edge of the canyon. No rails or anything! (We won't attempt that until our kids are much older - and when I have forgotten how terrified of heights I am). Of course, we knew we wouldn't make it all the way out to Trumbull - it's 60 miles on a gravel/dirt road - which translates to almost 3 hours of driving. But we made it about 35 of those miles! We came to a meadow like area with some really huge cows standing right on the side of the road. So fun. One day we will make it the whole way.



(Just noticed that Zane is wearing the same shirt he did the day before - probably slept in it, and I didn't care enough to make him change on Saturday.)

Today was our first parent teacher conference with Zane's teacher. We are all so lucky that he has such a great teacher. She understands that he may not appear to be listening because he already knows what they are talking about. She said that she will give him a special spelling list once the other kids are working on their words so that he can work on words that are a little harder, and learn the "spelling rules" and things like that. Also, we can request he be moved up on his reading level anytime. He needs to work on his writing because he tends to get "sloppy" (because he gets bored with it I'm sure) and "creative" and he tends to visit too much to finish his work. Great job Zane! We love you!

5 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

Good job Zane! I'm so glad he has such a great teacher. I love that you made us all aware of Zane wearing the same shirt, haha!

Tasha said...

You are one fun Mom!! And it sounds like Zane is doing really good. That has to be fun to hear :)

Annabanana said...

I knew Zane was a genius! way to go...
I would have never noticed that Zane was wearing the same shirt...

Chardell said...

That looks so fun! Hey is Zane wearing the same shirt? Hehe Luke does that I don't even pay attention until it's too late.

Shmobby said...

Wow Abi! So we have been out of the loop from buying/gutting/remodeling our house...but we're still alive!

But seriously, I always knew Zane was a little smarty pants, but you have a total genius on your hands!!! You are one amazing mom. And I love that you have such an awesome teacher for him - that is wonderful!

And CONGRATS on the next bambino!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Now I'm going to go update myself on the rest of your blog...