9.23.2008

bedroom re-do...

This weekend, we decided to re-do Zane's bedroom. It's needed to be painted since we moved in (ahem almost 3 years ago). He picked out a "car" theme, of course. We got these great wall decal stickers at Target, and it came with a LOT! We also moved the queen bed from the guest/craft room into his room. We don't really have guests visit us all that much - so it was really just taking up space in there. We are going to convert the guest/craft room into a play room/craft room - so I can be working in there, while the kids are playing. That room is still a work in progress.

Before: (this picture was taken at night with flash.
These were dark blue walls AND ceiling - it was actually really dark in there)








After: (ignore the wrinkled curtain, and the ceiling is white)






*Note: Zane put these stickers up. He lined them all up like they are on a highway. He said "They are going to Cedar City."




John and I got new glasses too. At my last eye appointment the Dr. said that blood vessels were starting to grow into my corneas, which is a result of lack of oxygen (i.e. wearing your contacts too long without taking them out). So, I decided that I would take a break from my contacts and stick with glasses for a little while. I'm going to miss my sunglasses though.

*my glasses have cool moons and stars on the sides and a bluish tint behind the tortoise shell frames (This is a terrible picture - in all my no makeup, no showered glory! It's actually quite embarrassing, why am I sharing this?)

6 comments:

Heidi P said...

moons and stars-- still a granola!! :) Cute room!!

Cory and Sara Jane said...

too cute! you should get in YOUR car and "go to Cedar City"! but not until next week...i am uber busy! wish me luck on this weekend's show...hopefully it will go better.

Chardell said...

The room looks so good.

Stephanie F. said...

LOL at Heidi calling you a granola ;) Remember wearing wool socks and hiking boots to school? Haha! Room looks really good, way to go.

abi said...

I miss the granola days. I remember once in college, I wore my hiking boots with my shorts, and someone made fun of me. So sad.

Amelia Poll said...

I think the room looks great. But seriously...where are we going to stay? You do forget that we stay with you occasionally...There is always Cedar I suppose ;o)