10.21.2010

visiting the PHX...

We drove out to Phoenix over fall break a couple weeks ago. It's not a short drive. I don't really know what I was thinking. It was a little bit of a rough weekend. We forgot Zane's medicine, and the kids slept horribly - which leads to bad things - but it was nice to be there and see my family. Despite the stress, it was a fun few days!

Dad got us some free passes to the Phoenix Zoo, which is always a favorite. We spent the morning there, before it got too warm, and the kids loved it. Evan and Zane had a blast on the carousel, but Lily wanted nothing to do with it. I started to get her up on the dolphin she had picked out, and she completely freaked out and lost it. She is my fearful one for sure. We realized we did a lot of playing at the zoo, but didn't spend a lot of time looking at the animals. Oh well, the kids had fun!

We did plenty of shopping, complete with a Build A Bear experience (thanks Mom and Dad!), and even took a quick dip in Amanda's pool. Really too cold for an unheated swimming pool in October. Even in Phoenix. And especially in the late afternoon shade. Too bad I didn't get pictures of that! Love you all and thanks for putting up with us. Can't wait for the holidays!








5 comments:

Cory and Sara Jane said...

So, she would pet the goat, but not ride on the carousel?? I was always pretty leery of the petting zoo's. Looks like you had a fun trip. Can't wait to go in December! :O)

susan m hinckley said...

Nothing better than grandma's house. I'm so glad you get to visit as often as you do. Your kids will thank you for it, even if they are stinkers while they're there.

jess and seth said...

I can't get over it--your kids are so grown up!!!! What a fun trip. It's good to see pictures of them. We miss you guys!!!

jess and seth said...

Abi, your kids are so grown up, I can't get over it! I miss them--so good to see some pictures of them!

Annabanana said...

your blog is so cute! and your kids are so grown up. you look great. love the new pictures