About John and I:
We celebrated our 9th anniversary in March, didn't do anything exciting. We never do. Sad story. One day (maybe number 10??)! John is stressed with his situation, but he really has done a good job lately of staying positive (or just pretending really well)! I am trying to find the time to get my jewelry business going again, but it seems something is always going on. Computer problems have not helped either.
Off the subject note about cockroaches...I don't think I understood before moving to the desert that cockroaches lived here. If I had - I really think I would have thought twice. When we lived in our apt. I don't think I ever saw one (we were on the 2nd floor). Since we have moved in our house - I can't tell you how many I've seen. They are the yucky big black kind. GROSS. But, what is even grosser... they seem to like my BED! I've woken up in the night to one crawling on me, not once, not twice, but THREE separate times! AAAACCCCKKKK!!!! We spray religiously, and don't see tooo many in our house. I've pulled my bed out, scrubbed it clean, taken all the bedskirts off, pulled apart mattresses, cleaned sheets, vacuumed under the bed, everything. Any tricks out there??
Zane:
He has been doing great on his medication. Really, the fits have all but disappeared. He seems to not have any side effects and feel just fine. Occasionally, he has some attitude and moodiness, but I think it is related to the stressful situation we are in, and he can "feel" that. When we are having a bad day - even though we may be hiding it - you can usually bet that it will translate over to him in some way. Things have been so good though, it's almost like all that stuff that used to be a regular occurrence - never happened. He's able to be him, and we love it!!
Lily:
Lily is potty trained! She has been doing great. We started around Spring break time (1 month ago) and she already sleeps through the night dry. She still has #2 issues, but I'm beginning to think all kids do. She already had those issues before we potty trained, so nothing new. She is getting better though. She talks so much now, and just adores Zane. She is starting to get a little bit annoyed with her little brother, which is funny to me. I think she has hit the "terrible twos" which really aren't so terrible. But, she has her days. She LOVES nickjr on TV and really would watch TV all day long if I let her. It is really hard to get her away from it (which means she really does watch a lot more than I would like, or admit!). At least they don't have those yucky commercials. I love to hear her little sing-song voice and her singing is so stinkin' cute!
Evan:
I already posted a bunch about him on his birthday post, so I will just say I love this kid! He has started to take a few steps (which I actually can't wait for). He loves to be outside, but our yard is not crawling baby friendly at all. Where did my little baby go?
3 comments:
Hooray for a (not boring to me) update!
I am so beyond thrilled to hear that Zane is doing so well on the meds. That just makes me so happy.
I miss all of you and feel like I hardly know your kids. Do you think you all could come to Phoenix for my shower on (tentatively, but pretty sure) July 31st? :)
so gross about the cockroaches! I wish I had some advice. I once stepped on one in the middle of the night, but I never had one crawl in my bed. That is really, really gross.
Hooray for zane! That is good to hear.
Did I miss something? what stressful situation? are you all doing OK? hope so.
So fun to hear about everyone! And I'm especially delighted that Zane is doing so well.
Hang in there on the stress -- there's nothing worse than a husband with job stress (and I should know) but time marches on and it will resolve itself eventually. Just stay focused on your fun kids, because time marches on for them, too!
And get thee on an anniversary date, ASAP! Stress time means work-twice-as-hard-at-marriage time.
About roaches . . . there's not another thing in the world you can do. And they are gross, gross, gross. If you haven't ever heard my roach stories, ask me sometime because they are IMPRESSIVE. Hang in there. xo
Post a Comment