10.05.2009

bucket baby and the yard sale...

Evan is at that stage where he doesn't fit in the baby bath anymore, yet he can't sit up to take a bath in the regular tub. I saw a video about these baths awhile ago and thought they looked really fun (or funny!). I was at Target the other day picking up diapers (I really like their brand- they are similar to Costco, but cheaper!), and I walked by a clearance shelf, and there was one of those baths. It was WAY on sale since it was a returned item bought online. I really really really debated getting it, since it's not a necessity (just makes things a little easier for a baby Evan's size) and we are low on funds. (Sorry, I felt the need to justify the purchase to the blog readers for some reason, even though I really can't.) Despite that - LOOK HOW STINKIN' CUTE HE IS! And he loves it too...




It was time for a yard sale at our house. It was our first one ever, and I have to say it was a success. I was actually amazed at the amount of people that came. We lucked out since there were quite a few yard sales in our area. We sold a couple of big ticket items, got quite a bit of interest in our car, and got rid of a bunch of our JUNK! Yay! With the help of the D.I., I was able to reduce 4 tables of stuff to 1. Zane had fun selling some old toys and water, and we told him he could keep the money he made. He immediately wanted to go spend it, but that was ok with us. We appreciate Chardell and her daughter for coming and "hangin'" with us and being there to help out with the kiddos.

We got a lot of comments about our "all sales final" sign. That's what you get when you have a lawyer throw a yard sale. Actually - if you asked him - he would have put a lot more "fine print".

3 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

Did anybody buy the half finished water bottle for 50 cents? Cuz, that sounds like a steal to me! :)

Glad it went well.

We've had HUGE success selling our big stuff (like the Jeep, our bed, and several other furniture items) on craigslist. Just a thought for the car...

Amy J said...

How cute is Ethan in the baby bucket? Wish I could've had one of those for my boys.

Annabanana said...

CUTE PICTURES!!!!
HOORAY FOR YARD SALES! HOW I WISH WE HAD HAD ONE BEFORE WE MOVED. NEXT TIME FOR SURE!