So, it's been a week, and I have actually finished all but one of my projects. I have to say, I'm awesome. =) So here are the pictures of the stuff I've done. I went through an entire 547 yd. spool of thread, and then some. And btw, unwashed chenille makes a HUMONGOUS mess on your carpet (and whatever you are wearing), especially when clipping edges and the little fuzzy parts fall off. My vacuum won't suck it up (I have a crappy vacuum, actually it's the carpet) - any suggestions?
rag quilt (my first ever!) with cool blue and green fabric that looks like different vintage prints and soft fluffy chenille on the back
flannel receiving blankets (zane picked out these prints)
burp rags (obviously one is a gift for a girl - sneak peek Anne!)
nursing cover (this is like the ones you can buy with the boning in the top so you can see the baby while you are nursing - oh so easy to make and WAY cheaper than the $25-40 to buy one!)
flannel blanket for baby with soft minky fabric on back
car seat cover - it's like a blanket that has velcro straps to attach it to the handle
taggie blanket (also a gift - you can attach toy links and teething things to the loops too)
11 comments:
Whoa...You are amazing. I am so jealous, I want to make cool stuff :)
I'm excited to see you guys in just a few more days!!
Well you make me feel like I've been nothing but a slug. And I thought I'd been working hard. Impressive nesting going on there, sweetie!
awww...I love the ladybugs!!!
I love the nursing cover you made....so thrifty! Those things are expensive to buy.
Wow! Looks like fun! You have been busy!
Holy Cow! You are amazing. Those are all so cute.
Cute stuff! How on earth do you find the time?!?! I am unemployed with no kids and I don't think I could have done all that! As far as your vacuum issue I say it's time for a new vacuum....or get one of those lint rollers. If you get a new vacuum, get a Dyson! Well worth the investment in my opinion.
You are amazing!! It makes me want to start some new projects! When do you find the time?
I can only replace buttons.........
How did you do it? You ARE amazing Abi!
Oh my word! Where do you find the time? And everything is so cute and SMART! I love to sew, but never do. I never made those doll clothes I mentioned before Christmas...bought some to relieve some stress but I would have LOVED to have made them. Been there with the chenille mess. I made a big stuffed bunny out of chenille many years ago. What a mess! FYI: Noelle has Mrs. Merrell (a.m.) and sends her into 1st grade reading for the last 20 minutes or so each day.
Okay, so when are you going to start your own store? You are SO GOOD! I missed out on the sewing gene . . . I love the car seat cover, the blanket, and everything else. You truly are amazing and _should_ brag about it--you've earned it! :)
Post a Comment