12.03.2008

thanksgiving and such...

*warning* picture overload!
Our Thanksgiving was great and relaxing. Perfect trip. We took the plunge and drove out to New Mexico to visit John's family. We spread the driving down and back over two days - so it wasn't too much for the kids. I almost think Zane's favorite part was getting to stay in hotels on the way there and back. Zane and Lily had sooo much fun playing with their cousins. We will miss them. We survived the trip with only a minor illness which I think is just fabulous.

After playing outside all bundled up. There were a couple days where it was quite chilly. We're not used to the cold weather!

Baby Trent and cousin Savannah. He's getting so big already! So glad we got meet him.

The newest cousin - Ava - and aunt Charity. Just a week old in this picture. What a beautiful little girl!


Cookie decorating at grandma's house with the boys. Grandpa was quite the artist - very impressive. Such a fun tradition.


Decorating with the girls turned into more eating than decorating. Yum!

Time away from Rock Band, and other video games to just visit. The best part of the trip.

Silly Lily's squishy face. Who knows where she got this - but she does it all the time. Too funny.

Zane and Grandma and the binoculars he played with the entire time we were there. Even slept with them a few times. Hmm... christmas present idea?

Lily studying baby Trent. She was so cute around the babies, and really didn't have too much of a problem with me holding them either. Very good to know! She will be a sweet older sister I'm sure.

Totally zonked out on the way home. Zane had a fever, and wasn't feeling well. Zane never ever takes naps - so you know he must have been sick!
We are all home, getting over the sickies, and trying to get the house back to normal so we can decorate for Christmas. Can't wait to see more family over the upcoming holidays. Love you all!

5 comments:

Annabanana said...

Looks like a fun trip...glad you were able to get away and spend time with your family. That's the best part of the Holidays.

Chardell said...

Looks like you all had fun even with the sick kids! Love the suishy face. You could get Zane that little spy gear kit in the stores. It has binoculars and all sorts of fun stuff.

Amelia Poll said...

How fun! I'm glad it turned out well. Your children are so stinkin' adorable! I wish we could see them.

Tasha said...

Now that truly sounded like a great Thanksgiving trip. I am glad it all turned out so good and that you were able to enjoy the holiday with so much family!!

Cory and Sara Jane said...

Fun trip! I am glad it was enjoyable & not just endurable. I LOVE the squishy face!! Haven't seen that one in person yet, so I hope she is still doing it when I see you again. Maybe I will come visit this week?? :O)