12.19.2008

snow day...

Ok so you may all laugh that they cancelled school for 2-3 inches of snow - but if our neighbor kids had not come over and shoveled our driveway in the morning - we would have been stuck in the house almost all day. Our driveway is a killer. If we lived up north, yeah we would maybe have had 2nd thoughts about buying the house just for this reason. But it doesn't snow here. I mean really dump, ever. So 2-3 inches at once. Big deal! Do they even sell snow shovels here? I don't think I've ever seen one. Of course, my kids don't own boots (do they even sell those here?), and only knit gloves, and not even heavy coats, but that didn't stop them from playing in the snow all morning, building a snowman, and doing snow angels. I LOVE driving through the neighborhood and seeing snowmen on everyone's lawn. Every kid that stayed home yesterday probably made one. So cute. Fun day.

Lily - really not sure what to think about the snow yet.

The snowman or Frosty as Zane has named him. Original, I know.

Snow Angels. Sad. They probably should be called Dirt Angels or Rock Angels, but he had fun!

4 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

How cute and fun! I am jealous! I want to make a snowman and make snow/dirt/rack angels. I suppose I probably could go out and make a dirt angel anytime of the year...

Super fun! It's nice to know there is weather aside from Hot, Hotter and Rainy

Annabanana said...

I noticed today that your snowman is one of the only ones still standing. Nice. I was wondering how you would get down your driveway...glad the neighbors helped you out.

Heidi P said...

That would be so cute to see all the little snowmen with green grass under them :) You should see our house today!? We might be snowed in!!!!
really..

Shmobby said...

I love it! We had the same thing...tons of snow in a place where no one is equipped. We had a blast anyway! Love the snowman...such a fabulous childhood memory. Your kids get cuter all the time.