12.03.2007

cold number three...


While we are all now enjoying cold number three of the winter season, I thought I would share some more of Zane's latest sayings.

I was spending some time with him the other day doing some craft-y type stuff. He said to me "Mom, why did you name me Zane..." I was thinking "hmm" and he finished "and not Secret Agent?" HAHAHA!

Today he was helping make some juice, and said "Look, I'm a chef!" Don't ask me how he even knows that word or what it means.

We went to the store today to get birthday presents for John from him and Lily. We got John a toy remote helicopter from Zane (yes John really does want one, Zane didn't just pick out something HE wants). I kept telling him over and over that it was a "secret" and we can't tell him. I explained that it was like one of his Little Critter books, Just A Secret, where critter makes something for his mom and then hides it until her birthday. So, he said "I'm going to hide it under my bed". So, we picked up John for lunch right after the store, and he immediately says "Dad, Dad, we got you a present!!!" I was worried he was going to slip, so I reminded him, it's a surprise, we don't want to tell him what it is. A minute later, "Dad, can we play with your helicopter?" He has such a great memory, but yet so not.

1 comment:

Annabanana said...

zane is one funny kid... he makes me laugh. I bet there is never a dull moment in your home.