So when I went to pick Zane up from preschool today, he was sitting down at a table with the teacher while she was "helping" him finish a project. He was cutting something out with scissors. He is still not perfect with scissors (what 4 year old is?) but he has this inate perfectionist that just comes out.
The teacher said to me, "yeah this is his third one, he's a little bit of a perfectionist". Ha, tell me something I don't know. Then she says, "and he gets easily frustrated, that's going to be hard for him when he gets in school." HAHA. Really, tell me something I don't know. She says "I told him it's just practice, that he doesn't have to be able to cut right on the lines." Yes, but this is Zane. Zane won't color because he knows he can't color in the lines. So, he prefers to just not do it at all because it wouldn't be acceptable to him.
This is the kid that when they roasted hot dogs at preschool, couldn't eat his because it was "Frickin' burned". His words, not mine.
We have to turn this power into good....what a job we have ahead of us...
No comments:
Post a Comment