So, you may or may not know about the "drama" I had with Zane's preschool teacher last year, but here is a short version. On the LAST DAY of preschool last year , his teacher told me she thought that he wasn't listening and wasn't "mature" enough for her 4 year old class. Yes, she waited until the last day (which is pretty late to try and get him in somewhere else btw). Whatever. I told her that Zane had learned all the songs, nursery rhymes, and all the letter sounds from her class. She said to me "Oh, really? I guess he is listening." DUH! Anyways if she just wants kids that will sit at a table all day and do worksheets (way too much for any 4 year old), it's not right for Zane, and she's not right for Zane.
So, I have to say HOW GRATEFUL I am that we have him in his new preschool! His teacher said to me today "Zane is REALLY smart. I just can't believe the questions he asks, it is very unusual for a boy his age". She said she only gets a couple of kids each semester like that. She said she can just see him constantly thinking.
I was so happy I just wanted to cry. Woohoo! A teacher that really appreciates him. A teacher that really has taken the time to get to know him and see him for the amazing kid he really is. Yay!
2 comments:
I am so happy that this has turned out to be a positive thing for Zane! Truly, the most important thing is a good teacher. One who truly understands a gifted child like Zane! Wonderful!!
-Amanda
Louise linked me to your site, Abi. First of all, it's beautiful!
Secondly, she linked me 'cuz I told her that I MET Sister Beck at the Dixie College Homecoming Parade while she was waiting for her turn in the line-up. She was inducted into the Hall of Fame. I pretty much pounced on her and her hubby, but I just really wanted to see her face to face. She's awesome!
When she was speaking in Conference and got to all the things we could improve on, I kiddingly said to my family, "Okay...don't you think it's time to turn off Conference now??"...but then she got to something I was actually doing alright at, so we kept it on. (phew) And can't we suppose that there may be truth in there? "The wicked taketh the truth to be hard," and OUCH...it WAS hard to hear the list of things I should do to better myself, and I am so grateful that she had the inspiration to SAY it so difinitively and eloquently. Thanks for letting me share. You're a great mom, Abi. I continue to learn from you YOUNGINS w/ the youngins. --Paige
Post a Comment