Ok, so I don't buy junk food crap very often, and this is why....
Zane. He loves loves yogurt. Few weeks ago, I bought an 8 count package of "yogurt slurpy innertubes", otherwise known as Gogurts, down at the Walmart. By the end of the day, all gone. No kidding, he ate all 8. He really isn't that unsupervised - which means he can eat really fast.
Well about a week later, I caved to his whining at the store and bought some Zingers (twinkies covered in frosting...really healthy). It was morning and Zane was buggin buggin buggin for one. I told him he could have one after lunch. So, he has ONE after lunch. Somehow by dinner time, he has eaten 5 more! Yes, 6 Zingers in one day. Can you say sugar rush?
Today (about 2 weeks after the Zingers incident) - I bought a pack of pop-tarts. Now, honestly, I bought these for me. Lately I have not been getting to breakfast, so I thought at least I could grab one of them, and it would be SOMETHING (ok maybe nothing is better). I purposely hid them so he wouldn't see them, because I know of this problem he has with impulse control. But I ended up making one in his sight, so I had to give him one. I thought I hid them again well enough, but apparently not. The pack of 8 is now down to 1. So that means he ate 6 pop-tarts today. Yup, 6. SICK!
I'm afraid I need to put a lock on the pantry and fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment