10.18.2007

Moms who know...

I just wanted to link to this awesome talk from the LDS Church General Conference that made me renew my committment to my family. I really don't need anything else in my life but my family, and I don't need to be focusing my time or energy anywhere else. It is sometimes trying and thankless, but also the most important, worthwhile, and fulfilling job I will ever have.

LDS Relief Society Pres. Julie Beck talk

1 comment:

Marty and Louise said...

I am so happy to know that this is your response to Sis. Beck’s talk! A couple of women I know and love felt that she ‘lost her credibility’ with this first general address and that many women will just tune her out; all because of her equating ‘nurturing’ with the every day household tasks mothers do every day for their children. I think the reason this pushed buttons is that these women have farmed out some of these less desirable tasks. Motherhood and mothering is noble. It can also be mundane. I am so grateful I had a ‘mother that knew’ and was able to devote her full attention to family and that I have had that choice to make for my family as well.
This page is a beautiful addition to the web! Thanks for the link.