5.06.2011

Aunt Judy's visit...

Ok finally going to catch up for the past few months!

John's Aunt Judy came to visit in March. She lives in New Jersey - so we don't get to see her very often. I think I've only met her once or twice in our 10 years of marriage even. I'm sure it was a shock to her to have so many kids around, but it sure was fun! In fact, we are all hoping on going out there next summer and staying on the Jersey Shore. I haven't even met her children - John's cousins. Looking forward to it!

She came out to visit because John's Dad was going to be having open heart surgery. He had a minor stroke back in January(maybe February?), and further testing revealed that he had a hole in his heart with a large clot pushing on it. They thought he was in danger of having another stroke that would be fatal. The Dr. decided open heart surgery to repair the hole was the best option. The day before he was to have the surgery - he was getting some testing done to prepare for the surgery, when the surgeon and another Dr. questioned why he was getting the surgery. They thought he could just have a small procedure where they go in through the arteries similar to an Angiogram, and place a sort of "umbrella" type of thing to "plug" the hole. They put the surgery on hold and did some more testing and decided that they could do that procedure instead. It was a blessing that he did not have to have the open heart surgery and he has since had the procedure and is doing very well.

While Judy was here, we all had dinner together numerous times, so here are some pics:




1 comment:

Chardell said...

I'm so use to facebook that I keep mousing over people's pictures to see what their name is. Haha! It's been fun catching up on your blog.