7.26.2009

pioneer day 2009...

Pioneer Day! The 24th of July! Isn't it so fun to have a 2nd fireworks holiday in July? We spent the morning having a nice breakfast at our stake center. Yummy dutch oven potatoes, loved it! It reminded me that we have a dutch oven, that has never been used. So, we dug it out and made a peach cobbler for dessert after dinner. Super yum!


We spent the day swimming in our little pool, and hanging out around the house. We grilled for dinner and did our little sparklers and very small fireworks. We can see the city fireworks from our front yard, so Zane stayed up to watch them. We had put Lily to bed, but woke her up to see them. As soon as John brought her out, she looked out at the fireworks and then said "night-night". I asked her if she wanted to go back to bed and she said "yes I do". Lily says this all the time right now in this cute little sing song voice. Love it.

(ignore the very splotchy skin and gray hair - post pregnancy is not pretty)



While Zane and I were setting up our chairs to watch the fireworks, Zane noticed something on our front steps. I got a picture of it right before the camera battery died. I believe it's a Rocky Mountain Toad from what I could research from the internet. Pretty fun!


John and I got to go see Annie Get Your Gun last night. I think it was fitting for the Pioneer Day weekend. Unfortunately I am sick again. I have been coughing the past few days, and while sitting in the theatre, noticed that I had a fever again. Sorry to anyone that was in the theater last night!

We are thankful for the pioneers and all the sacrifices they made coming across the plains. And I'm thankful that I wasn't one of them!

2 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What fun! Your baby's cheeks are amazing! Glad you had a great time!

Amanda Cheniae said...

Ahhh, your kids are so cute Abi! I can't stand it.