6.19.2009

2 months old!...

We had Evan's 2 month appointment yesterday. He is a whopping 14 lbs. 6 oz. He is 24 1/4 in. long. This puts him at the 93% for weight, and 88% for height. The Dr. is always so thrilled when I bring my big babies in, it makes him so happy to have such chubby babies there. Evan was really not happy about the shots. He cried longer than any of my other babies have. So sad!

I asked the Dr. about Zane, and he was very encouraging. He said to get play therapy for him, and that a psych evaluation wouldn't be a bad idea. After we get some therapy started, they will be able to tell us if medication would be helpful or not. He said, a lot of times, that all it takes is la year or so of meds to help the child get through it and figure out how to deal and then they can go off. I am feeling really good about this course of action for us. There are no psychiatrists here taking new patients that we have found. So, any psychiatrists out there...come to St. George and you would have a TON of patients! We are going to have to get an evaluation in Salt Lake, but we should be able to find some good therapy here. Feeling really good about this, wish us luck!

6 comments:

Tasha said...

I am glad the doctors went good for both Evan and Zane. It sounds like you have a good doctor. I am glad.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What a chunk! I bet the doctor loves chubby babies. He is such a cutie. Good luck in your up coming test, we will be thinking about you!

Annabanana said...

wow! big boy....he is as long as ellen (and she is 5 months old) and 3 lbs heavier. big boy! I love chubby babies.
good luck with zane. he' s a good kid, and I hope you get things figured out.

jess and seth said...

Abi, I'm sorry-I haven't checked anyone's blogs for a while so I didn't realize the frustrating time you're going through with Zane. It sounds like you guys are going the right route to deal with it--I hope things go well with the evaluation. When are you going? I need to call you.

And if it's any consolation, Zane's wonderful in Primary. He hasn't acted out at all. I just love that boy! And you too! :)

Amelia Poll said...

Do they do play therapy for adults too? ;o) i think that sounds like a wonderful idea for him. Good luck.

And what a cute, chunky baby. When are you coming to visit with him and the rest of your adorable family? :)

susan m hinckley said...

Chelsea did play therapy when she was 6, and it was just great. But I truly sympathize with you because trying to find a child psychiatrist can be just ridiculous! Good luck to all of you. I think it's a great plan.