5.11.2009

baby evan's blessing...

3 kids sure makes things a lot busier. We had Dr.'s and Dentists appointments, school testing, and a baby blessing last week. Zane had his spacer put in to hold the place of the molar that was pulled. He did great, and it has been no problem for him. He had his end of year kindergarten testing as well. No surprise that he passed off everything. His teacher had him do his reading at Level 20 - (Kindergarteners should be at Level 3-4), but said she thinks he is probably more like Level 26-28 (that's like 2nd-3rd grade). Smarty pants.

Evan's baby blessing was this Sunday. What a better day to do it than Mother's Day? I must say that I don't mind doing it on a Sunday other than Fast Sunday, because then I don't have to get up and bear my testimony. We had a very special meeting that day that was done by the regional special needs mutual. If I wasn't already weepy from hormones, I still would have been crying. John was especially touched during the blessing, about how grateful he was that we have a healthy baby. It is unusual for him to cry, and I even worried that maybe he had some sort of "revelation" during the blessing. I was glad to learn later that he was just really touched by the special meeting that day. It was very sweet.

We were so blessed to have my parents, John's parents, both sets of my grandparents, and my sister's family there. It was so nice to have family around for that special day. We love you all, and wish we could see you all more often.







4 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

I so wish we could have been there. What a beautiful family you have!! I especially love all the grandkids picture - such a great representation of all their personalities :)

Chardell said...

I love the picture of the grandkids. Look at your family grow! I'm so sorry I missed the blessing.

Annabanana said...

it was a beautiful blessing and meeting

Tasha said...

So oviously I have not been as good at checking other people's blogs because I totally even missed that Evan was born! CONGRATULATIONS!! He is so adorable! Seriously. I am glad the blessing was nice and what a better day than Mother's day. How nice to have family there for it too. How are you hanging in there with 3. It has been an adjustment for me. I sure do love my little baby though. Keep hanging in there. Your kids are so cute!!