11.16.2007

zane's talk...

Ok so I wrote this today for Zane's talk in primary on Sunday. I was going to have him just hold pictures and tell what he was thankful for and why, etc. As I made the list (that he told me) I decided that it would be easier for him to be able to recite something, so I wrote this poem. It's lame, but I'm proud of myself anyways. It's not toooo cheesy for someone who never writes stuff and wrote it in one day, right?

I Am Thankful

My Heavenly Father loves me
Of this I can be sure
He's blessed me with so many things
That I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my body,
food, and for the clothes I wear.
I am trying to be healthy
to show Him that I care.

I am thankful for the Earth,
the planets, moon, and stars.
For games and toys, and for my house,
Even my parent's car.

I am thankful for the animals,
For mountains, flowers, and trees;
For school, my teachers, and my friends,
But most of all my family.

I am thankful for the prophets,
The scriptures, and the temple.
And although it's sometimes hard,
Giving thanks is very simple

I can show my Heavenly Father
That I appreciate these things;
By choosing right, and serving Him,
Giving thanks for my blessings.

(oh yeah, and I should say - this is copyrighted by Abi Collins, so noone can steal it, not that anyone would want to)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Abi, this is so perfect for a talk for someone Zane's age. Nice job. :) I bet he was really cute when he delivered it, too.

Mom and Dad said...

I love your poem, Abi. Knowing Zane he did a great job giving it!
What a great Mom you are!


Love, Ellen