We woke up early to pack up the house. Took some final pictures and headed down to Honolulu. We spent the rest of the day in Honolulu just doing some shopping. Headed over to the Aloha Bowl Swap Meet again and the International Marketplace in Honolulu (basically a more expensive version of the swap meet).
We were so glad that we hadn't spent our vacation time in Honolulu. It was soooo tourist-y, busy, and horrible traffic. We checked into the Hotel Prince Waikiki. Really nice hotel, with gorgeous views of the marina. We had gotten a Groupon to a really nice Italian restaurant called Sarento's at the top of the Ilikai hotel. We actually had to make RESERVATIONS. I can't remember the last time I ate at a restaurant that required reservations. It was only a couple of buildings over from our hotel, but he had a little bit of a hard time figuring out which building it was exactly. While on an elevator in the wrong building, we ran into a local who helped us find the right place. In fact, he walked us right over to the entrance to the elevator that takes you up to the restaurant. Yes, the restaurant has it's own dedicated elevator. We ended up walking through the hotel's pool area that was being set up for some fancy shmancy party to promote some product. If we weren't with that local guy, I'm sure we would have been thrown out from that area - but he just waved all the people off and we walked through. He said that we needed to come back the next day because they were throwing a big preview party for the series Hawaii Five-O there with Iron Chef Morimoto. Too bad we were flying out the next day. At least the Morimoto part.
Dinner was soooo yummy. We had some really really good food while we were in Hawaii. I especially liked the restaurant in Hilo and Sarento's the best. Sara would say Papa Ole's was where it's at. I personally loved to eat at Surfin' Tacos practically across the street from our rental. Basically it was Cafe Rio. Then there were the yummy treats at Ted's bakery. I was surprised that I actually liked the chocolate haupia pie (it has coconut milk in it). All very yum! Next up - our very last day. *sniff*
No comments:
Post a Comment