John and I flew from Amarillo to Phoenix the night before our big flight to Honolulu. Sara and Cory picked us up at the airport (after they had already been to the house and had a nap). We were excited to get our trip started. First thing we noticed - the humidity! But after a little while, it actually felt quite nice and didn't bother us much. We left Honolulu and drove to our nice little "cottage" in Hauula on the windward side of the island. Hauula is very close to Laie where the LDS Temple and BYU Hawaii are located. It was a small little town, and our house was right on the ocean.
view from our back porch
little turtle head poking up off our back porch
After a short rest at the house - we headed up to the North Shore. We stopped and visited Sunset Beach and Shark's Cove. We kept going and stopped for dinner in Haliewa. Then we headed back home for an early night in. We were eating dinner at about 11pm our time. Still adjusting to the big time difference!!



beautiful colors on Sunset Beach!

Sunset at Shark's Cove
a little black sea urchin stuck to the side of the rock in the tide pools
I did not wear rock scrambling/tide pooling shoes for this adventure!
1 comment:
Abi,
I haven't been blog stalking for SO long..and I was random surfing and looked at your blog... you and John look AMAZING.......and isn't HAWAII wonderful..... Jana
Post a Comment