2.17.2011

snow, valentines, and other sundry...

Really honestly though, isn't my blog mostly all *sundry*? Hmm....

We got hit with the massive snow storm that hit most of the country a few weeks ago - only we didn't get much snow, just bitter bitter cold. It was horrid. I really miss St. George. Negative temperatures are so wrong on so many levels. It did warm up and is now 70+ degrees (at least for the next week). Our weather has schizophrenia.

Some pics from the week of bitter cold and little snow:


Next up - Valentine's Day. We did homemade valentines this year. First time ever. Stole this idea from various other blogs - and pretty much copied it straightforward. Very little time - and Zane definitely had the best valentines in the class. Look for a repeat next year - with a variation (Zane's idea) that I'm not going to spoil right now!


The actual V-Day itself was mostly a large disaster. John left early in the morning for a workout session, which left me to get up with my early rising kids (ugh). I woke up to Evan screaming - a quick jaunt into his room - and poop everywhere. Yay me. Finished up clean up and bath just as John walked in. John had some redemption coming seeing as how he stopped at the store after his workout and got me flowers - (even though, I'm still not sure that makes up for the poop cleanup).

Next up - the struggle of getting Zane to school. He has been having some anxiety about school lately. We have come to the conclusion it has been set off by his starting a new medication. Monday's battle reached epic proportions. We finally got him there just short of calling the police to help. Only 1 1/2 hours late for school. We love him so much, it is hard to see him struggling so much. We have made some adjustments to his current medication and the rest of the days this week have been a piece of cake. We hope he will be feeling completely better soon.

The day does not end there! Evan developed a fever - so was pretty tired most of the day. Lily said she wasn't feeling well, and didn't eat much - but she wasn't really complaining of anything. Zane got home from school - and about 20 min. later - Lily threw up all over the floor. Good thing she waited until Zane got home - because he isn't completely phobic about puke or anything. Ugh. Not the best Valentine's Day ever.

Some pics of the morning present opening - that actually went ok. =)



I got a silhouette craft cutting machine for christmas - which I have been LOVING. I've made a few things with it - but can't wait to do more. I made a couple of t-shirts for the kids today. Zane wanted a Clovis Wildcat t-shirt. Their colors are purple and white - but he really wanted the black *sparkly* stuff. So - that's what he got. Lily's shirt is made with a flocked type of material so it's fuzzy.
Turned out cute!:

Jewelry business has still been going - slowly, but better than last month. I'm happy to do it as a little side hobby that makes me a little money. We are doing really well out here in Clovis, and really enjoying being with family. We miss everyone else that isn't here though, and do get *homesick* of St. George at times - but in all our moving - we really know that you can be happy wherever you are, just have to make the effort.

Some pics of the cutie kids - just being silly:


2 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Glad your move went well! I like what you said about being Happy! I totally agree!

Annabanana said...

hope you are enjoying your new home a little more these days...
we get homesick for St george too.....
glad you have been able to keep your jewelry business going too.