8.02.2010

cannon girls extravaganza weekend....or CGEW...

I sort of lied a little bit in my previous post of not having any vacation this summer. I got a vacation, but my family did not. Every year, we Cannon girls get together for a weekend. This particular weekend, we combined it with throwing a baby shower for the youngest Cannon girl, expecting her first baby. So, the week/weekend was actually spent together planning, shopping for, making, and doing her baby shower. Sort of a vacation and sort of not. John and I actually got to spend a couple of nights together in Albuquerque before I left for Phoenix. Turns out the NM Bar was the same week I was leaving - so we worked that in. While in ABQ, I got to have lunch with a couple of BYU friends from way back when, nice to see you girls!! Thanks for the yummy lunch Taffy!

(*Depressing side note about ABQ: it was our first ever night(s) together away from the kids since Zane was born 7 years ago! So, BIG thank you to the MIL for watching my kids and feeding my family dinner all week. And of course John as well, while I was gone!!! *mwah*.)

This is where we stayed in PHX:




For the shower: I was in charge of decorations and also one of the cakes. We decided to do a silly cake a la cake wrecks. We picked a funny yet, mostly tasteful one to copy. I baked and frosted it in it's entirety and I think it turned out FABULOUS!!!!! Not to mention the frosting I used was DELICIOUS. It is now my favorite go to recipe for frosting for everything from now on. Maybe I will share in a later post. (Now, I really hope you understand, this cake is a JOKE - really totally not meant to be serious)

The cake:

The original post where the idea came from:
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/04/belly-cakes-continued.html
(and yes, in case you were wondering...we filled the belly with red tapioca pudding and a plastic baby and Meme removed it with kitchen tongs, I have the video to prove it hehehehe, don't you wish you were there?!!)

Pics from the shower:


My gift to Amelia was also a decoration. I made a diaper cake with some appliqued onesies and burp cloths I made in addition to a layer of diapers.

I love the pom pom flowers! Thanks to my sis' for helping out with those, I was DEAD tired at that point. (Hmm, not sure the rug in the background went with the decor!)
Do you take a picture without your tongue hanging out Vic? I already know your answer...you have no opinion...and we love you anyways!
I love this garland. It is the colors that Meme is going to use in her baby's room, so I hope she can put it to use in the nursery as well!!


The game I was in charge of - what goes in must come out. If you look closely at the picture, no further explanation is needed.

And now the lovely ladies:
Minus Amelia - plus Vicky!

Aren't we gorgeous?! Love you all and miss you!

3 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Fun fun fun! Wish I could have been there for the festivities. Where did that big pregnant Amelia come from? Don't know how I feel about that . . . mostly OLD, I guess.

Amanda Cheniae said...

So much fun! Thanks for posting the pics, especially that last one, I look awesome! :-P

Oh, and......eisbaer ooooo eisbaer

Annabanana said...

how fun! I cannot believe you have only had 1 night away since zane was born. wow. you and jon definitely deserve more breaks than that.
looks like fun with your sisters though.