We had the Halloween Parade at school Friday. I helped out with Zane's Halloween party in his class afterwards. It was cute and fun to see all the 1st graders in their costumes.
I told Zane that I wanted to get a picture of his full costume, so he started walking backwards and didn't stop. I think he looks pretty SPOOKY!
We stopped by John's work to trick or treat (an annual tradition), even though we are probably the only ones that do this.
Then on Halloween Saturday, it was the usual hot dog and chili neighborhood party, a quick stop at Great-Grandma and Grandpa's house, and off to trick or treat! We let Zane and Lily walk up to the doors by themselves with us in "watching" distance. Lily was into the trick or treating this year and very excited - until we visited the neighbor's house that had made a spook alley out front. She went through with John and Zane, but was absolutely terrified to go to anymore doors with Zane by herself. I went with her a few times, and she finally was feeling ok about it again. (I didn't want to leave her thinking that trick or treating was scary). Then, we got to our last house - and of course... they had a scary guy spooking the kids. Poor Lily! We had to go to a couple more houses just to make sure she was going to be 'ok'.
When Lily was still happy to trick or treat! (and we went plastic pumpkins this year because I couldn't find the pillowcase sacks I made last year that the kids decorated, ugh!)
1 comment:
I'm glad you're back...I enjoyed all the posts. I agree the vampire costume is very spiffy...good job!
Post a Comment