Moving in to our new place has definitely been an adventure. We have been so blessed to have family help us so much. John's parents own a home that they have been fixing up to sell or rent - so it worked out perfectly as a temporary place for us. When we got here, there was still some work to be done. Turned out to be a blessing that we didn't have our trailer full of stuff for a few days. It's much more liveable now!
(hanging out in the packed car)
Three days after we arrived, we were treated to a nice severe thunderstorm. The kind we remember from Texas. Only - obviously I had forgotten. My parents were visiting on their way back from Branson, MO, and my mom and I went to Walmart during a small break in the storm. (A warning to ya kids - really, DON'T drive in severe weather, REALLY). There was ping pong ball sized hail hitting my windshield. I honestly don't know how it didn't break. Sooooo scary. There was a lot of hail damage to roofs and windows around town.When the trailer arrived, John and I started unloading a few things before we got help from people in the ward. John was carrying our heavy TV, and tripped over the dolly that was in the driveway. He really scraped up his leg, badly. Somehow he managed to not drop the TV, and gently set it down. His leg immediately began to swell. It looked terrible. We sent him off to a clinic, while people arrived to help. Dr. visit and xray later, he got back home just as we unloaded the last thing off the truck. I think he planned it, don't you? Even now, 2 weeks later, his leg is still swollen and healing (but not broken).
We are slowly getting adjusted to the move. Our place is still a wreck full of boxes, but it will get there. I'm definitely still adjusting as well. I miss our old place, and it's hard to think about it sitting there empty while we are here - but being around family sure has been NICE!
(this was taken just a few days after the injury - it actually looks much yuckier now)
2 comments:
Where to comment, where to comment? I am glad you are (mostly) settled in. The pics of Zane & Lily sleeping are TOO precious! I SOO miss those cute little faces (& you and John too of course). Can't wait to see you soon!! :O)
I'll leave all comments here, as well.
Ouch, John.
Happy Birthdays, Collins kids! Moving can be fun, even though it doesn't seem like it at the time. You can ask your Hinckley cousins -- moving always makes you a bigger, better, stronger person.
Some time maybe we'll have a meet-up in NM somewhere . . . we're trying to drive that whole state but haven't gotten too far east yet.
Good luck in your new home! Pictures, please.
Post a Comment